Pancakes and maple syrup are a breakfast classic. It’s my go-to on lazy Saturday mornings with the family for the sweet fluffy texture that gets us all feeling nostalgia for our childhood. Too much of a good thing can be bad for us, and unfortunately, that means traditional pancakes. With me being health-conscious, I want to make sure my family is able to enjoy delicious foods and still be healthy and nutritious! With how big the vegan food market is, I decided to make vegan pancakes.
This recipe calls for dairy-free alternatives such as vegan margarine and almond milk. Coconut sugar provides a lower glycemic index than refined white sugar. Whole wheat flour replaces white flour, and gluten-free flour can be substituted as well! The moringa powder flavor is balanced quite nicely with the sweetness of the apples in these pancakes. The cinnamon apple topping replaces maple syrup. These are some completely vegan pancakes you can feel confident serving to your family!
Vegan Pancake Ingredients:
- Pinch of salt
- ½ Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ teaspoons Baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon vegan butter or margarine
- 1 Tablespoon allspice
- 1 Tablespoon Greeniche Moringa Powder
- 4 Tablespoons of Brown or coconut sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 3/4 Cup Almond milk
- 1 Cup Whole wheat flour
- 1 egg
- 1 Organic apple, peeled
- Slice and dice apple into 1-inch pieces.
- Heat vegan butter in a frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add apple and cook for 3 minutes or until soft.
- Add cinnamon and 2 tablespoons of brown sugar and stir for 2 minutes.
- Split this mixture in half and into two bowls.
- In a large bowl, combine salt, baking powder, allspice, Greeniche Moringa powder, 2 tablespoons of coconut sugar, and whole wheat flour.
- In a separate bowl, combine vegetable oil, canned pumpkin, almond milk, egg, one bowl of fried apple mixture.
- Combine both bowls and mix vegan pancake batter well.
- Heat over medium-high heat and lightly oil a griddle.
- Drop preferred the size of mixture onto griddle. Cook vegan pancakes for 4 minutes per side, or until bottoms are light brown.
- Use remaining apples as topping for vegan pancakes.